Expertise

Not Evangelism

Monday, December 20, 2010

The Last Ride of 2010

...has been and gone.  With this snow, and my Christmas plans, it seems unlikely I'll be doing any more cycling in 2010.

It's a strange, sad knowledge. I miss it already, having had a week away on holiday, and not cycled for what seems like ages.

Oh, I'm not ruling out the chance of a fun ride or two - a cheeky Boxing Day pootle, perhaps - but unless there's a dramatic and impressive thaw, there's currently little chance of a cycle commute this month.

We've not had the snow that bad here in semi-rural Wiltshire, but the 4 or 5 inches on quieter country roads is enough to make cycling a hazard - I know from first hand experience at the start of the year just what the roads are like in the snow and ice.

That's not to say I wouldn't have given it a try as I miss cycling more and more. Yes, if the mountain bike had a chain, I might have considered cycling last Friday. But frankly, I'm glad I didn't have the chance.

I might even have considered cycling today. But the conditions, whilst passable now, will not be passable later.

No comments:

Post a Comment